Friday, March 1, 2013

Letters

     Like a person bereaved, I had not had a chance to read the many letters and cards that were mailed or dropped off at the clinic during the weeks when it was taking its last breaths, when it was closing.  
     Now, finally, I am going through the stack of condolence notes like a widow, grateful that other people took the time to say they knew me, or had been to the clinic, and had had a good experience.  The funeral registry is long--here are a few of the comments, from the top of the pile.

     Dr. C.,
          I can never tell you or express what you have done for me.  You have been
     a true blessing to me.  I probably would not be here if it weren't for you.  You
     have saved me in more ways than one.  I appreciate you from the bottom of
     my heart.  I will never forget you or your blessings.  My thoughts and
     prayers will be with you.  God Bless You.  As one of god's angels he will
     reward you.  Thank you for all you have done.  Love, MM
          P.S., If I ever win the Lotto I will look you up.

     Dear Dr. C.,
          I thank you for getting my husband and me together.  We had fourteen
     years, because of you.  I thank you for all your kind words and prayers.  I
     will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Take care, RC

     Dr. C.--
         It's very hard for us to say a "good-bye," so we'd like to think after
     15 years we'd keep in touch, somehow.  Thank you for all you've done
     for us and the care you gave us--We will miss you but wish you all the
     very best in the future.  God Bless You and keep you safe, happy, and
     in good health.  Take care and thank you again.  Love DA

     Letter to the Editor:
          I started going to the Colasante Clinic in May because it was the
     nearest one to me that accepted Medicare.  I was pleasantly surprised
     to find that they were also the most competent and considerate medical
     staff that I had ever encountered.
          The fact that the FBI has driven Ona Colasante out of business is an
     unmitigated tragedy for East Gainesville, and a moral lesson in how much
     the federal government is overreaching beyond its constitutional limits.
                                                           Alex Funk, Gainesville Sun, 2/3/13

     Dear Dr. Ona Colasante,
          Please accept this as a gift for yourself.  I was blessed to receive your
     kindness, to treat me.  God Bless You and your famiily.  Thank you.
                                                   Sincerely, Mr. O.

     Dr. Colasante and Group,
          Thank you all for so much good care.  My family and I wish you all
     the best in your future endeavors, and are grateful to have known you and
     been the recipient of your excellent medical care.
                              Our blessings,  KMM

     To All You Wonderful People,
          With a heavy heart I write this note.
          Never in my whole life have I been so lovingly cared for as I have
     been in this office.
          Each of you has given so much of yourselves to all of the patients.  You
     are all angels to me.  In the 12 years I have been cared for by Dr. C and
     her staff, I have never heard a bad word about any of you.  You are all
     terrific people and I wish you all a wonderful, happy, healthy future.
          You all know that God never closes a door without opening a
     window.  A new path for each of you will follow.
          I wish that Dr. C. can fulfill her dream of that special place she is wanting
     for her son.  I know God is watching her and helping her to achieve this.
          I wish for Celeste to follow her dream into the Peace Corps and to
     help many others who need medical attention and the loving hugs she
     often shares.  To Tracy, please keep that happy face and joy in your
     voice.
          I will miss you more than I can say.
                                                                Love,  Mary

     Dr. Ona Colasante,
          Thank you for entrusting me with the care of your patients.  I appreciate
     what you have done.
                                                                Sincerely,    Dr. T.

     Dr. Colasante:
          It's been a pleasure serving you all of these years.  You have meant
     a lot to me and my company.  Thank you for years of allowing me to
     serve you and your patients, alongside you.
          If you ever need anything else in the future, please call.  If you pursue
     your autism home, let me know, as we serve group homes and facilities
     too.
                                                                  Sincerely,   DB

     Dr. C. and Celeste:
          I have been going downhill every since I found out you are closing.
     I have not been able to eat or sleep.
          You have been helping me so much that to know you are leaving is
     like my arm being cut off.
          I am very depressed.
          I saw every doctor in Gainesville, and I have never felt this good.  I
     pray to God to take me because I can't do it without you people.  You
     kept me going where life is worth living.  I only know it's worth living
     because of you.
          I pray for the miracle that you will not close forever.  I don't think I
     can keep going without you.
                                                              Love and thanks, Mrs. W.


No comments:

Post a Comment